Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Lesliecature


Reminds me of a goldfish.... LOL
I know I still need a lot more practice with colours, but I'm just having too much fun with black and white.

Sammi was complaining about how Leslie looks cute in the photo I chose of her, and that the photo I chose of Sammi was.. well, a little more funny haha. I have a reason why I chose these specific expressions. 
I wanted to use expressions that I believe are genuine to these people, and not just reference pictures where they fake a smile for the sake of looking proper for a photo. I feel that caricatures have to be quite personal to the person I'm drawing. I mean, you don't have to know someone's every single quirk to draw a good caricature of them, but it helps I guess. Like how they act when they're alone in public, or how they really smile when they find something funny. I've known Sammi for a long time now, and I love it when she does that smile. It's the "I-did-something-stupid-but-I-won't-say-what" kind of smile. I think it's cute haha.
And as for Leslie, I believe she can attest to this, but she zones out a lot. And that's the expression that she has when she does xD It's like when you hear a friend's name and you imagine their face in your head. This is just one of those expressions that I can easily imagine.

Enjoy~

¯ U ¯

1 comment:

  1. Very cool David, I like the style you have in your caricatures!

    ReplyDelete